The Student Teaching and Representation Awards recognize students and staff who made a difference to the student experience.
You will find below the list of awards that were awarder for 2017. The winners for 2017 are listed in the STaR Awards 2017 page.
We all know that staff member who has had an impact on our journey at University! The teaching awards are your chance to reward members of staff who go above and beyond to enhance your student-learning experience. Lecturers, tutors, supervisors, support and administrative staff are all eligible for nomination in the STaR Awards. You may nominate as many staff you want.
This year the following categories of awards are opened for nominations:
- Makes students excited, passionate and enthusiastic about their studies and future professional environment
- Goes the extra mile to engage students in the learning process and challenge their skills
- Uses innovative teaching methods (Not just ‘slide and lecture’)
- Goes out of their way to ensure students get the best experience at QMU
- Supports students beyond their learning experience with advising them in their student life as needed when approached (pastoral support)
- Help students’ personal development (employability skills) and show opportunities for internship and postgraduate jobs
Engaging Assessment and Feedback
- Engages students and relates to the professional environment
- Challenges student to develop their skills and knowledge and to reflect on their learning
- Gives feedback that exceed expectation and helps progress academically
Excellent research and dissertation support
- Guides you to become independent in writing you dissertation or thesis
- Encourages you to think critically about your work
- Offers excellent support throughout the dissertation or thesis writing both academically and personally
Graduate’s Teaching (fourth year students only)
- Had a significant impact on an individual student or group of students in the learning and teaching over more than one year of study
- Goes beyond the normal expectation of teaching showing a dedication to provide an outstanding teaching
- Has helped students develop employability skills and to be prepared to go out there to the ‘real world’
We recognize students who gave their time to enhance the student experience in the class room and on campus.
- Class Rep of the Year Award is to recognize the Class Rep that has the most contributed to improving the learning and teaching within their Programme.
- Outstanding Engagement of the Year is to recognize a student that has the most contributed to enhancing QMU student experience.
- Officer of the Year Award is to recognize the officer who has the most contributed to enhancing the student experience in collaboration with the Students Union
All students are invited to nominate their peers (or themselves) for the awards.
All awards are attributed at the Award Ceremony, which normally takes place in March.